House fire apparently sparked by smoldering ashes

first_imgAn east Clark County home was damaged by fire early Tuesday morning that firefighters suspect was sparked by hot fireplace ashes. The fire was reported by the homeowner at 6:46 a.m. at 24011 N.E. Margaret Road, east of Hockinson. When firefighters with District 3 arrived, the fire was burning in a recycling bin and trash can outside, next to the garage. The siding was beginning to burn. Crews quickly extinguished the fire, which was contained to the outside of the garage. County property records list Ashley and Trent Spencer as the homeowners.Deputy Chief Scott Sorenson believes the fire was ignited by ash placed next to the recycle bin. He wasn’t sure what kind of container the ash was in, but advised homeowners to discard of ashes in metal containers.These types of fires are common this time of year, he said.last_img read more

September 16, 2019 0